Moving Beyond False Choices for Early Childhood Educators is a special blog series edited by Stacie G. Goffin, principal of the Goffin Strategy Group, to delve into the complexities, frictions, and mistrust embedded in the interplay among (1) preparation and education, (2) compensation and status, and (3) diversity and inclusivity. Writers are not typically New America analysts; instead they hail from the realms of early childhood policy and public education. As Goffin writes in the series introduction, these strands have come together to create an increasingly difficult knot to disentangle as factions too often grab tightly onto one or another of these three strands. Loosening this knot will allow common interests and new possibilities to emerge and make progress more likely.
The posts are scheduled to appear every two weeks on Tuesdays throughout 2018. To share ideas and participate in conversation about these posts, the Twitter hashtag is #beyondfalsechoices. We are exploring additional platforms for expanded dialogue and conversation as well—stay tuned.
- Keeping It Real and Optimistic: Will Attaining Bachelor Degrees Bring Rainbows Across the Sky? by Luis A. Hernandez - May 15, 2018
- It's Tough to Step Up Without Steps: Building a Ladder for Family Child Care Providers by Jessica Sager - May 1, 2018
- For Family Child Care Providers, Attaining a Degree Presents Unique Difficulties by Josephine Queen - April 17, 2018
- Degrees and Credentials for Early Childhood Educators - Inching Towards A Consensus? by Albert Wat - April 3, 2018
- Formal Credentials and Degrees - Not Always the Best Starting Point for Early Childhood Teachers by Jamal Berry - March 20, 2018
- In-Home Childcare Providers Need to Step Up to the Importance of Formal Education by Tracy Ehlert - March 6, 2018
- Are Policymakers and Advocates Reducing or Increasing Early Childhood Education's Inequalities? by Sherri Killins Stewart - February 20, 2018
- The Solution for the Workforce Dilemma is the Public Schools by Jason Sachs - February 6, 2018
- Education is a Game Changer for Women as Well as Children by Sue Russell - January 23, 2018
- Introducing a New America Blog Series, by Stacie G. Goffin - January 9, 2018