Please join us for the inaugural event in honor of the late policy entrepreneur and founder of New America and the Climate Leadership Council, Ted Halstead. This new event series will bring together business, environmental, and political leaders to discuss the most relevant climate policy topics of the day and explore opportunities for lasting solutions.
We are at a crossroads on major climate action in the United States and around the world. The Biden administration has made ambitious climate commitments to the global community. Members of Congress are debating significant climate provisions in infrastructure and reconciliation legislative packages. And world leaders will meet in Glasgow this November in hopes of advancing global agreements to respond to climate change.
This fall could be the most consequential period for major climate action, ever. Please join us for a tribute to Ted Halstead and a discussion with distinguished former officials from three administrations on how Congress and the Biden administration might meet this moment to achieve lasting climate progress.
11:00am – Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Greg Bertelsen, CEO, Climate Leadership Council
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO, New America
11:10am – Video Tribute to Ted Halstead, Founder of New America and the Climate Leadership Council
11:20am – CLC Founding Member Forum: A Leadership Perspective on Climate Solutions
- Ernest Moniz, Former U.S. Secretary of Energy and Founder & CEO of the Energy Futures Initiative
- Lawrence H. Summers, Former U.S. Treasury Secretary and Director of the National Economic Council
- Christine Todd Whitman, Former Governor of New Jersey and Former EPA Administrator
- Moderator: Greg Bertelsen, CEO, Climate Leadership Council
11:55am – Closing Remarks
This event is presented in partnership with the Climate Leadership Council.