Sept. 11, 2017
On the 16th anniversary of the terror attacks on September 11, 2001, New America's International Security program assesses the current scope of the jihadist terrorism threat.
This paper is organized into nine sections:
- First, key findings
- Second, a taxonomy of ISIS terrorism
- Third, an assessment of the war on ISIS and other extremist groups
- Fourth, the state of the current jihadist terrorist threat to the United States
- Fifth, an analysis of ISIS’ American recruits
- Sixth, an assessment of the ISIS threat to Europe
- Seventh, an examination of the big drivers of jihadist terrorism
- Eighth, a discussion of future trends in terrorism
- And, finally, what can be done to reduce the threat from jihadist terrorists.