Measures of Effectiveness for an Undergraduate Schedule of Classes

Feb. 2023
Sample Size: 373
Demographics: undergraduate students
Topics: Learning Student Support

Top Findings:

  • 87 percent of responding institutions measure the effectiveness of the undergraduate class schedule.
  • Among those, 40 percent disaggregate their measures for different populations of students.
  • Only four percent of those disaggregate based on Pell-eligibility, and only three percent do so based on ethnicity.
  • 37 percent have standardized measures of effectiveness used by the entire institution for the undergraduate-class schedule. Effectiveness measures for the remaining 63 percent vary by department, college, or other variables.